It is also known as the Third Eye, Brow Chakra, or The Ajna Chakra, where “ Ajna” in Sanskrit means “command.” This Chakra is located in the forehead above the meeting point of the two eyebrows. Its primary color is purple, and it is associated with light.
It is not only responsible for intuition but also improves and upholds your imagination, thought process, and self-awareness. It is the Chakra of perception and discrimination. In yogic science, it is the center where the person is separated from everything else while focusing on himself. It brings self-love and attainment of self-importance.
Issues Arising from Imbalanced Third eye Chakra
If your third eye chakra is not in a stable position you might have:
- High blood pressure
Apart from the physical ailments, it also affects you on an emotional level, and you might experience the following:
- You are either very logical or overly sensitive, creating a disparity between your heart and mind.
- You are so engrossed in the details, and your vision struggles to see the more comprehensive picture.
- You’re often preoccupied with your thoughts.
- You’re firmly attached to outcomes and fear about the negative results.
- You tend to daydream and escape reality because of your insufficiency to handle things.
How to Heal your Sixth Chakra
- Use energy healing techniques such as Reiki, sound therapy, acupressure, or acupuncture.
- Exploit herbs such as saffron, basil, jasmine, mugwort, star anise, lavender, passionflower, rosemary, and blue lotus. These can either be diffused, burnt as incense, applied in a diluted form, or can be consumed.
- Ground yourself with mindfulness as it is best suited for deficient blockages and helps in guiding you.
- Include prunes, dates, raisins, eggplant, purple cabbage, blackberries, blueberries, figs, purple kale, purple carrots, and purple potatoes in your diet.
- Use essential oils to anoint the forehead at the location of the Ajna chakra. It also assists in cleansing and balancing your Chakra.
Benefits of a robust Sixth Chakra
- With a healthy chakra, it becomes easy for you to see both inner and outer worlds in uncovered reality.
- Our ability to engage in self-reflection and experience clear thought is closely tied to Anja Chakra.
- It helps to promote intuition and memory, pattern recognition, as well as your learning skills.
- A person with an awakened Ajna chakra has the full realization of the fact that the authentic self must be projected with any burden.
- It also enables us to examine ideas and discover deeper meanings out of the scenarios in our lives.
Yoga Exercises for Improving the Ajna Chakra
- Meditate with a focus on the Third Eye.
- Long Chant of Om sound brings higher concentration levels.
- Kirtan Kriya
- Several yoga asanas pay attention to regulating your Ajna Chakra.
- Whistle Breaths
- Yoga Mudras
- All those exercises where the forehead rests on the floor are beneficial.
A Balanced Ajna Chakra is essential for the attainment of the prime objectives. It is also crucial in achieving physical, emotional, mental, social, religious, and spiritual aspects of perfect health and well being.